Mining and Exploration in NSW
NSW has a proud mining past, including the site of the first payable gold discovery in Australia. Today the NSW mining future is bright, with rich reserves in a diverse range of minerals, especially in the minerals of the future.
The recent release by the NSW Government of the NSW Minerals Strategy signals strong Government support for the sector that brings important royalties as well as largely regional jobs to the State. AMEC is working with the NSW Government to deliver for the minerals industry to maximise NSW resources to benefit the people of NSW.
AMEC has developed a Land Access Toolkit to assist mineral explorers in NSW negotiate access. Click here to view
AMEC has Advisory Committee in NSW, which supports the framing and delivery of AMEC’s policy approach in NSW. The committee is formed around a core group of members with an investment in mineral exploration and mining in the relevant jurisdiction. AMEC relies on the views and opinions of this group to shape its policy responses to State Government and Ministers. The Advisory Committee meets regularly to discuss furthering policy reform and respond to issues affecting the sector.
We have a number of regular NSW events held throughout the year including workshops, webinars, networking events, and Boardroom lunches. To find out what AMEC events are happening in NSW, head to our events page.
AMEC’s work in NSW
Latest AMEC NSW submissions and reports
- Submission to the Department of Regional NSW, Mining, Exploration and Geoscience re Consultation on the Draft Right to Negotiate Guideline
- Submission to the Department of Regional NSW, Mining, Exploration and Geoscience re Consultation on NSW Exploration Package
- Submission to the Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment re Draft National Recovery Plan for the Koala
- Submission to the Department of Regional NSW Mining, Exploration and Geoscience re Draft Quarterly Performance Report
- Submission to Regional NSW, Mining, Exploration and Geoscience re Draft Annual Report Release Policy and Guides