Mining in Victoria and Tasmania
Victoria is at the crest of a new Golden Era with renewed interest following high grades in the mine at Fosterville and excitement in exploration at Stavely as well as the Government opening new precincts for tender. AMEC is working with Government to strengthen the minerals industry and maximise the resources of Victoria.
Tasmania is a growing destination for exploration and mining, boasting broad geological diversity and an abundance of exciting mineral deposits. AMEC advocates to promote and advance the minerals industry in Tasmania and support the State grow its industry.
We have a number of regular Victorian events held throughout the year including workshops, webinars, networking events, and Boardroom lunches. To find out what AMEC events are happening in Victoria, head to our events page.
AMEC’s work in Victoria & Tasmania
Latest AMEC Victoria & Tasmania submissions and reports
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions- Earth Resources Regulation re Draft Operational Policies – Exploration License Expenditure and Exceptional Circumstances
- AMEC VIC 2021-2022 Budget Submission
- AMEC VIC Recommendations to support minerals industry investment and economic growth
- Victoria 2020-21 Budget Submission
- Removing the Gold Royalty Exemption in Victoria