Why Join AMEC
The economic and regulatory framework in Australia has never been more complex or uncertain. Staying on top of the mountain of issues, policy proposals, and legislative and regulatory changes that impact the mining industry requires constant engagement. That’s why it is critical that companies are well represented by a strong and effective industry body, dedicated to fiercely protecting their interests and ensuring there is a powerful and influential voice in the policy development process.
AMEC has established a wide network of key decision makers across the political and government spectrum, as well as with non-government, industry and community groups around Australia. By becoming a member, your company will have access to this impressive nation-wide network, ensuring you are always well informed of potential changes, and can better manage emerging risks. Combined with intense competition in global markets, these risks pose a significant threat to doing business in Australia. In this environment, a company’s key competitive advantage is just as likely to be managing its social and political risk as its ability to find and extract a resource.
If you’re interested in joining the leading voice for mining and mineral exploration in Australia, contact us on 1300 738 184 to speak to one of our Membership Managers, or join online.
Join AMEC Today
Our full members are explorers, emerging miners, and producers. AMEC Associates come from a broad cross-section of service suppliers to the mineral resources sector. Our international members are companies with projects located overseas. All of these companies are integral to the operations of our members and our industry.
AMEC strives to deliver value for our members, by offering a wide range of
members services, including:
- Free and regular member only networking events in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Adelaide
- Invitations to exclusive board room lunches with key government decision makers and industry leaders
- Opportunities to present at investment forums and briefings
- Discounts on delegate rates, and exhibition packages at all AMEC events and activities
- A wide range of seminars, workshops and information sessions
- Opportunities to participate in member only working groups and advisory committees
- Regular information updates on issues affecting the industry
- Company profiling on the AMEC website as a Member
- Access to an experienced AMEC team and wider industry network for reliable strategic advice
- 20% Discount on mineral exploration insurance (including Directors & Officers Liability Insurance) with Gallagher